Tel: 01895 637 121
How does it work?
Your monthly payments represent only the interest due to the lender, and do not include repayment of capital.
Lenders require evidence that a customer will have in place a clear, credible repayment strategy and that the repayment strategy has the potential to repay the capital borrowed.
Repayment strategies may include deposits or investment product(s), pension(s), periodic repayment of capital from irregular sources of income (i.e. bonuses), the sale of another property or other land or other acceptable methods which meet lending criteria.
Where the repayment of capital is an investment, the investment runs alongside the mortgage but is separate from it, the cost should be taken into account when calculating the overall costs of the mortgage arrangement.
- You can choose from a variety of investments, some of which have tax advantages.
- Should you move or arrange a remortgage, your investment can usually be reallocated to the new mortgage.
- Normally cheaper than repayment mortgages.
- Unlike a repayment mortgage, the amount of debt outstanding does not reduce over time
- There is no guarantee that the investments chosen will grow sufficiently to repay your loan.